- My FCPL
- My Account
- Ask A
- My Library,
Jobs and Job Hunting
These resources are designed for first-time job seekers, the unemployed and job seekers making career transitions. Follow these steps to help with your job search.
Check out a laptop for 2 hours to help with your job search.
Get an Email Address
An email account is necessary for many job applications. Some free web-based email providers include:
Put Together a Resume
Look for Job Openings
- CalJOBS : Job openings in California
- CareerBuilder.com : Nationwide newspaper ads
- CentralValleyJobs.com : Focuses on Fresno County and North San Joaquin Valley
- ForFarmers.com : Agricultural positions around the US and world
- Indeed : Searches job sites, newspapers, associations and company career pages
- JobBank USA : Nationwide job postings
- Jobs/Employment webpages of major Fresno employers
- LinkUp.com : Searches jobs on company sites from small, mid-sized, and large company career sections. Postings are updated whenever the company web site is updated.
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks: Open positions at Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.
- SimplyHired.com : Searches thousands of job boards, classifieds, and company sites. Advanced search options include type of job, type of company, keyword, location and the date the job was posted. Searcher can establish alerts to have job listings sent on a regular base.
- SnagAJob.com : the #1 source for hourly and part-time jobs
- USA Jobs : It’s your one-stop source for Federal jobs and employment information
Practice Skills Get More Help
- Typing Tutorials and Games (Requires Flash)
- Visibone Touch-Typing Tutor: simple instructions on how to type.
- Mousing Around: Games: practice your computer mouse skills.
- Library Classes to assist job seeekers.
- Workforce Connection : Public computers to assist with job searching
- Central Valley Professionals : Fresno EDD office in Manchester Center offers monthly week-long trainings to unemployed professionals. Call 559-230-3628 for eligibility and schedule.
- LinkedIn : The world’s largest professional networking site. Allows you to post resume information, and lets potential emplyers review qualifications so they can contact you.
File for Unemployment Benefits
Explore or Change Careers
- KeirseyTemperaments Sorter : 70 questions to Assess individual career and personality interests
- LiveCareer : LiveCareer identifies your career interests and then tells you what jobs are out there for you. Uncover the tasks, experience, education and training needed for your next career move. 100 question test. There are some advertising offers mixed in with the results. Look for the No Thanks button to skip through them. (You only need to fill out personal information before you start the test.)
- O Net : Helps job seekers to pick the job to match the skills they already have or find out what skills are required for their dream job.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook : Provides information on education needed, earnings, job prospects, and working conditions for hundreds of occupations.
- Salary Search : Find what current jobs are paying.
2420 Mariposa Street, Fresno, California 93721. (559) 600-READ (7323)
Last updated October 17, 2017 . Copyright 1997-2017. Fresno County Public Library. County of Fresno.