How much should you pay for car insurance?
Here are a few important facts to remember about your car insurance rates:
How to Calculate Your Car Insurance Rates
Did you know that some careers have a statistically higher car accident risk?
According to DMV.org, if you re a doctor, lawyer, business executive, architect, salesperson, or real estate agent, you may pay the price in higher car insurance rates. These career fields are statistically linked to lack of sleep, high stress levels, and working overtime, which can cause car accidents.
5 Ways to Reduce Your Car Insurance
Compare, compare, compare. This cannot be over-stated. Every insurance provider uses their own formula to calculate car insurance rates. You never know how much you could save—or spend—until you compare providers and crunch numbers.
Drop extra coverage. If your car has decreased in value, paying extra for collision coverage may no longer be necessary. At the very least, consider cutting policy perks you don t need, like roadside assistance.
Perfect the art of negotiation. When comparing insurers, it never hurts to leverage one quote against another. Ask specific and pointed questions to whittle down car insurance rates: How much can I save by bundling auto and homeowner s insurance? How much can I save by paying my annual premium upfront? Can you beat this insurer s rate quote?
Ask for discounts. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, as the saying goes. Ask regularly about discount eligibility, which may apply to in-vehicle anti-theft devices, good students, seniors, low-mileage drivers, and more.
Raise your deductible. Your deductible is the amount you are responsible for paying when you file a claim. If you can set aside a chunk of change and increase your deductible, do so. Agreeing to pay $1,000 instead of $250 out-of-pocket will lower your annual premium significantly.
- Car Insurance Rates by State | Insure.com. Insure.com.
- Start Creating, Sharing Exploring Great Visuals Today! Auto Insurance Facts and Interesting Statistics.
- How Rates Are Determined. Ohio Department of Insurance.
- How Age Affects Auto Insurance Rates. dmv.org.
- Compton, Shannah. 4 Life Changes That Will Save You Big on Car Insurance. The Huffington Post
- What Really Goes Into Determining Your Insurance Rates? Forbes.
- How Occupation Affects Auto Insurance Rates. dmv.org.