car accident in orlando – Orlando Forum
car accident in orlando
All Florida residents are required to have PIP insurance (Personal Injury Protection), and I d guess that they d make rental car companies offer the same, but I really don t know.
If you can t decipher the policy yourself, and the Alamo people are being less than completely helpful, your best recourse would be to retain an attorney in Orlando. They would be able to gather the pertinent documents and figure out what if any compensation you might be entitled to. I ve seen and heard of insurance companies ignoring people in hopes that they ll forget about the claim or wait until beyond the filing deadline (a year or two I think). It sounds a little like that may be the case here.
I had one buddy, who s daughter was injured in an accident. It was getting close to the time limit, but the insurance company was dragging its feet about approving the claim. Luckily he knew time was almost up, and told them to pay now or else. They didn t, so he got a lawyer and sued them for triple damages (a penalty for dragging their feet) and won.
Make sure to ask the lawyer if they ve handled something like this before. And, probably ask if they ve worked with people who are out of the country. They will answer this and other questions during the initial consultation, which should be free. They ll also work out a contract to represent you which may or may not require you to pay up front.
Report inappropriate content
Top questions about Orlando
- I’m about to leave…how’s the weather right now?
- How much does it cost to park?
- What Bus Services can I use in Orlando?
- Can I take food/drinks into the theme parks?
- Where can I find a map of Villa rental locations?
- How Does Disney s Fast Pass+ System Work?
- What is Disney s PhotoPass? / How do I preorder the Photo CD? / PhotoPass+?
- Can you tell me more about refillable mugs at Disney World?
- Which Airboat Operators are Reputable
- Charges/cover and age at CityWalk.
Orlando trip ideas
Day trips: Adventure
Day trips: Budget
Day trips: Family
Weekend trips: Business
Weekend trips: Culinary
Weekend trips: Family
Longer trips: Adventure
Longer trips: Budget
Longer trips: Culinary
Longer trips: Family
Longer trips: Sports
Orlando Destination Experts
17,209 forum posts
6,898 forum posts
4,237 forum posts
20,085 forum posts
3,981 forum posts
40,112 forum posts
26,175 forum posts
9,987 forum posts
5,936 forum posts
4,113 forum posts
Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers’ questions.
Beyond destination forums
Know better. Book better. Go better.
© 2017 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.
* TripAdvisor LLC is not a booking agent and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. ( more )
TripAdvisor LLC is not responsible for content on external web sites. Taxes, fees not included for deals content.